We will contact you shortly.
Title VI was enacted as part of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color and national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.
The Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority (PDRTA) is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Toward this end, it is PDRTA's objective to:
● Ensure that the level and quality of transportation service is provided without regard to race, color, or national origin;
● Identify and address, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects of programs and activities on minority populations and low-income populations;
● Promote the full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision making;
● Prevent the denial, reduction, or delay in benefits related to programs and activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations;
● Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency.
The full PDRTA Title VI Policy Statement can be found here.
For additional information on PDRTA's nondiscrimination obligations, please email us or write to:
Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority Title VI Coordinator 313 South Stadium Road Florence, South Carolina 29506
A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention:
Title VI Program Coordinator East Building, 5th Floor-TCR 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE Washington, DC 20590
The Pee Dee Regional Transportation Authority (PDRTA) is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in the conduct of its business, including its Title VI responsibilities and to the delivery of equitable and accessible transportation services. Any person who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination under Title VI on the basis of race, color or national origin may file a Title VI complaint with PDRTA within 180 days from the date of the alleged discrimination. There are several ways to file a complaint. You can download the form HERE.