We will contact you shortly.
Travel training is a self-paced process where an individual or group, regardless of ability or age, can learn to use all of the many services that PDRTA has to offer.
Who Is Eligible For Travel Training?
Any individual who is 14 years of age or older. Under 18 years old requires the consent of parent or caseworker. Travel Training for groups is open to all ages.
What Is The Travel Training Process?
A Travel Trainer can meet with you aboard a PDRTA vehicle, or schedule a visit to your facility or classroom to talk to you about the PDRTA services that will be fit your needs. You will learn how to plan your trips, read bus schedules, use online real-time tools such as the PDRTA Sync app and whereispdrta.com.Individuals who need assistance to learn the public transportation system can receive one or both of the following types of travel training:
1. Destination-based Travel Training: This type of training teaches the individual to go to and from a specific destination, usually on a daily basis.
2. General Travel Training. This type of training provides the individual with more complex instructions. The individual is taught to use the bus for general travel, selecting destinations of his/her choice.
1. Seniors, people with disabilities, and youth experience an increased sense of confidence and self-reliance as a result of learning to travel independently.
2. For an individual preparing to finish school and enter job training, travel training is a helpful complement to any special education or transition curriculum. Success in this area often transfers to other endeavors in the person’s life.
3. Parents and care providers can benefit, too. Providing a child or aging parent with the knowledge to use PDRTA reduces the burden, time, and expense of chauffeuring.
4. The community benefits as well. With a newfound ability to travel throughout the Pee Dee, individuals will be able to find employment, shop more often, and participate in recreational activities to contribute to enhancing their quality of life.Public transportation puts an end to isolation. In order to participate in our society, you must be able to get out and about. PDRTA offers the mobility to choose where you want to go.
Our Travel Training instructors are here to instruct everyone, including seniors, persons with disabilities, and persons with limited English. Instructors assist trainees by answering questions and building confidence so they can use the least restrictive mode of the public transportation system to the fullest extent possible.
1. Route Training2. Trip Planning3. Street Crossing4. Appropriate Social Behavior
The training program is self-paced. The trainer works with the participant to develop a training schedule that meets the individual’s needs.
Purchasing your fare cards couldn't be easier…
We now offer online methods to make your ride that much smoother. Shipping and handling on all fare card purchases is free. Fare cards will be sent within 1 business day of accepted payment.